Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012


 I have been playing cricket for the last two and half years but I never bothered about taking pictures of me doing my action because of my heavy involvement in the game. But once I reached in 12th grade work load kept me away from my regular sessions of cricket. And by the end of January our classes almost finished as most of my Sri Lankan friends had exams. So unfortunately I couldn’t take photo with my playmates.   But today I somehow went to the ground and had some individual coaching. And today, I only did batting practice, because batting is something where I lack skills. Normally being busy, my main coach comes very rarely. But my coach has arranged a sub coach who teaches me most of the batting, bowling and fielding skills. This time I worked on developing some skills needed for decent batting. 
I am very eager to get more classes from him, before i leave Sri Lanka because I think I can improve even better if I am keep on getting training in cricket. I am also very glad that I could able to meet those CAS goals. I understood my strong areas and weak areas in batting. Like playing on drive, the cover drive, square cut and forwards defense and many else those are my strong areas, whereas Back foot defense, Off the Pads through the on - side etc. those are my weaknesses.  So, this way I increased my awareness my own strengths and areas of growth. So, this way I undertook new challenges. I also planned and initiated activities and worked collaboratively with others. By getting those training I also gained skills and also understood the ethical implications of my action.
Giving some tips to pay on drive
Trying to play medium pace


Hitting the cover drive

No comments:

Post a Comment